I want to start off by saying how OBSESSED I am with these. I'm an oatmeal girl and overnight oats are one of my favorite meal prep breakfasts (I'll share my recipe soon!). The other day I was perusing instagram and Vegan Fit Chef, a total lady boss, mentioned that she puts her overnight oats in her waffle maker. So, on the last day of my over-night oatmeal breakfast I decided to throw it in. GAME CHANGER!!!! It was so delicious and I look forward to breakfast everyday. Hands down my favorite meal these days. The next few times I made these, I changed up the protein powder and/or the fruit choice.
1.Blend together the rolled oats, protein powder, almond milk and chia on high for 1 minute.
2. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes to thicken.
3. Stir the blueberries into the batter.
4. Spray the waffle maker with oil of choice and spoon in all or as much batter as fits into your waffle maker.
5. Cook 3-5 minutes and serve!! My waffle maker has its own timer but I feel like it takes about 4 minutes.
6. Top with a dollop of yogurt, more berries or eat plain like me!!!
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 scoop protein powder
1/4 cup almond milk (I usually eye this out)
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
Sprinkle of chia seeds