A few weeks ago I was at my best friends house and her husband Frank was making egg drop soup. I had never had it before and when he gave me a taste I couldn't believe it took me 31 years to try it! Ever since I have been trying to replicate it, failure each time. At last, Farmer Frank himself sent me the recipe so I don't have to waste any more eggs!! Here it is:
Makes 1-2 servings
2 cups of water
1.5 Tbsp corn starch
1 chicken bullion cube (large) or 2 small bullion cubes
1. Boil 2 cups of water with a bullion cube.
2. Mix corn starch with water in a separate cup/bowl until it is a soupy consistency (liquid).
3. When water comes to a boil stir and add the corn starch and let set for approximately 30 seconds.
4. While stirring add 2 eggs (scramble in bowl before pouring into mix)
5. Cook for another minute while boiling and gently stir.
Let cool and enjoy!
Add salt, pepper, lemon, garlic powder, spinach, diced tomatoes.... get creative!!!